EASy68K  
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: graphics
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 am 

Hello

if I want to make a ''slide_show'' of a falling square, what's the easiest way of doing it?

I thought something like:first draw a white square, store RX,LX,UY,LY,then add some constant value to LY and UY(RX and LX sty same all of the time),then draw a black sqaure with the parameters I stored (to erase first sqaure) then again draw white square with the new parameters which I store again,then black one and so on....

My question is there another way of doing this, maybe something like painting all screen or just a part of it,because maybe there would be some parts on the screen that I wouldn't like to be erased...

Thanks

Simon

Post subject: Re: graphics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 am 

Look at using double buffered mode, that way any drawing you do is hidden. The updated screen is not visible until you swap it with the displayed screen.

Otherwise you can redraw the whole screen or just redraw parts of it, whatever is easier. I've used both methods to great effect, see here for examples.

Lee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 pm 

Quote:
Look at using double buffered mode, that way any drawing you do is hidden. The updated screen is not visible until you swap it with the displayed screen.

Yes, about that after swaping it with the displayed screen does the updated screen gets clear?

And what else can I do with Your program ''maze'' except generating? I'm asking nicely, realy nicely :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 pm 

Quote:
Yes, about that after swaping it with the displayed screen does the updated screen gets clear?
No, the screens remain unchanged. If you want to start with a clear screen you have to clear it yourself. My lightsout game relies on the image not being cleared.
Quote:
And what else can I do with Your program ''maze'' except generating? I'm asking nicely, realy nicely
As it is, nothing. If you want some feature you have to ask for that realy nicely and then I may think about it. 8^)=

Lee.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:24 pm 

Quote:
No, the screens remain unchanged. If you want to start with a clear screen you have to clear it yourself. My lightsout game relies on the image not being cleared.

Ok,thanks :)