EASy68K  
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: trap#14? help!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:45 am 

i'm supposed to use trap#14 to print an array of numbers separated by commas...i've never used trap#14 before and am having trouble finding anything on it. what i tried was:

lea List,A2
move.b count,d2
move.w #OUTCH,d7
move.b (A2),d0
add.b #$30,d0
trap #14

i've tried various variations of this and each time it goes back to top as soon as it hits trap#14....basically behaves as though there was an error. any help would be appreciated!

melissa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:10 pm 

Make sure Enable Exceptions is checked under the Options menu in the EASy68K simulator.

I assume you are to write a complete display routine that is accessed via trap #14 and you are not talking about using the EASy68K trap #15 output routines?

Did you set up the trap#14 vector to point to your display code? I can't tell from what you have posted here.

Post subject: TRAP #14 handler
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:47 pm 
Melissa,

Are you using the simulator or a real 6800 based computer? If the assignment is on a real 68k based computer then chances are that TRAP #14 is implemented within the Read Only Memory (ROM) of that computer. If this is the case, you will need to simulate the TRAP #14 handler within Easy68k to mimic this behaviour. Alternatively, you can use the equivalent TRAP #15 handler within Easy68k to get the rest of your code working, then swap back to the real one at the end.

The use of TRAP #14 is traditionally associated with code implemented for the Motorola Education Computer Board. You can find a manual here: http://www.wickensonline.co.uk/mecb/mecb-manual.pdf. This includes a section on the implementation of TRAP #14 and some examples of how to use it.

Regards,

Mark.

p.s. if the requirement is to implement a TRAP #14 handler we can help with this.