EASy68K  
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:40 am 

Hi, I'm studying Electronic Engineering and for a course "Embedded Computer Systems" we have to use Easy68K. I'm a Mac OSX user and have successfully gotten Edit68K and Sim68K working in Wine.

Unfortunately there are a few bugs, such as the copy and paste bug mentioned in another thread.
The main one that I'm noticing is that line breaks aren't being handled correctly. When I'm editing code in Edit68K, I can see line breaks fine (i.e. when I press enter), but when assembling the code, it treats all the lines I've been editing as a single line.

The other thing I was wondering about was if it was possible to assemble an X68 file on the command line, and have the errors be printed to the command line. This way I could edit code in another text editor (which will be able to handle the line endings), and then execute a script which assembles the code and runs Sim68K if successful.

Thanks,
Mark Jessop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm 

Some thoughts in no particular order:

There is no command line interface to EASy68K. I might add that to the wish list.

The Teesside assembler simulator is command line based. This thread has a link to it: http://www.easy68k.com/EASy68Kforum/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=teesside

There is a project to write EASy68K using wxWidgets. That could provide native Linux and Mac O/S versions. I don't think a Mac version has been created yet but I do believe a Linux version was running. More about it here:
http://www.easy68k.com/EASy68Kforum/viewtopic.php?t=638

I have not verified this myself but I read on another forum that copying the Microsoft richedit dll in the proper wine folder solved the editor issues.

How about setting up a virtual machine and installing Windows XP?