|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||malee79 [ Wed May 27, 2009 8:25 am ]|
|Post subject:||Need understanding|
Just beginning a program and wanting to the program to print 'Input Equation'
I amwondering if anyone can shed a light on what is the subroutine function 'lea'? Is there a better way to write this?
I tried using the following but cant get it to work.
start move.b #14,d0 ;Display instructions
prompt dc.b ' Input Equation:'
|Author:||profkelly [ Wed May 27, 2009 12:44 pm ]|
I've added some comments to explain what this code does: (The code is not case sensitive. I have capitalized some words just to make them stand out in this post.)
* This locates the program code at address $1000 in the 68000 memory
* The START label is used by the END directive to tell EASy68K
* where to begin program execution.
* The EASy68K simulator has some built in commands that are accessed
* through trap #15. The task number of the command is placed in register
* D0. Other registers may also be used to contain additional parameters.
* Trap task #14 will display the NULL terminated string who's address
* is in register A1.
* This instruction places the number 14 in register D0.
move.b #14,D0 ;Display instructions
* The lea instruction places the address of PROMPT into register a1
* This parameter is needed by trap task #14. It tells it where the message
* to display is located.
* This performs the trap task
* This places the text ' Input Equation:' in memory. ,0 at the end is
* the NULL character that terminates the string. Required by task #14.
PROMPT dc.b ' Input Equation:',0
* End of the source file and defines the starting location.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group